The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profitmaking society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The Associationof Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI) was transformed into “Indian Society forTechnical Education“ in 1968 with a view to broaden its activities to advance the cause oftechnical education. One of the major objectives of ISTE is to assist and contribute in theproduction and development of top quality professional engineers & technicians neededby the industries and other organizations.
ISTE Faculty Chapter was inaugurated to make the Faculty to bring together individuals and to excel their knowledge so as to evolve and develop Engineering practices in India.
- Organizing symposiums and seminars
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry
- Organizing lectures by R&D organizations and defense services
- Organizing lectures by government departments and other institutions.
- Training in cooperative learning, environmental Awareness, basic management skills.
Without any further criteria, ISTE Faculty members are allowed to attend National level seminars, conferences and workshops conducted through ISTE Faculty Chapter at various colleges and Universities. Such kind of seminars, workshops and conferences are meant only for the ISTE Faculty members.
A Faculty member can get the guidance from ISTE on Research and Development.
- To spread the benefits of Engineering Education.
- To advance the status and roles of engineering practice
- To facilitate interaction between members of Engineering Societies throughout the world.
- To represent the opinion of Members of the society, on matters related to the objects of society.
- To promote the values of Engineering and Technology and its applications.
- Promoting continuing education and training.